Sunday, January 31, 2010

do you sponsor a child?

Writing letters to sponsored children is really important. I know I love getting letters and fun mail in our mailbox! Maria, our sponsored child in Mozambique, is one year younger than our daughter Sara who is ten. The two have become pen pals. Sara received a letter from Maria yesterday:

Darling Sara, How are you? You are by my side. Everything is ok together with my family by the grace of God. I am very happy for communicating always with you by letters because it shows me that we love each other. I am waiting for you to come and visit me personally. I too like studying so I will reach my objectives. I like helping my parents too and playing with my friends. I always pray for you. God bless you. Maria

Write your sponsored child and remember to pray for him/her! Have you ever considered visiting your child? We're needing to create a savings fund at our home to help us get to Haiti in 3 years and Mozambique in 6 years. (though it's going to be difficult for Sara to wait that long to meet Maria!)

No comments:

Post a Comment