Wednesday, November 4, 2009

what sticks out to you?

What is sticking out to you as you read the parable of the Good Samaritan?

Today, I was thinking about how the expert asked Jesus, "what must I do to inherit eternal life?" and then after the expert told Jesus what was written in the Law, Jesus said, "Do this and you will live." Jesus didn't say "Do this and you'll inherit eternal life." He said, "Do this and you will live."

Makes me think like this: Jesus offers the fullest life possible to me here and now through my choices and experiences of loving God and loving others with all I've got. I'm reminded in Christ's answer that my life now is part of my life that is eternal, and I want it to be the most abundant and purpose-filled life that I can have on this side of things. Jesus clearly gives us the "recipe" for this kind of life.

How about you..what catches your attention in the parable?

No comments:

Post a Comment