Wednesday, November 18, 2009

how big is our God?

This seems to be the question of my week. First of all, I've been reading a few books that speak directly to the power of God at work in our world today. Both books, The Forgotten Ways by Alan Hirsch and Living Water by Brother Yun speak of the signs and wonders of God in this age when Christ's disciples are living fully surrendered and being led by the Spirit of God.

The second encounter I had with this question was this morning in a meeting, when Habakkuk 3:2 was read... "Lord, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord. Renew them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy." Our God is a big God! He parted the Red Sea, He raised Jesus from the dead, He changed my life, and I'm meeting people all the time who are having radical encounters with God.

The third encounter was a Bible Study I went to today entitled, "How Big is our God?" with a room full of many people whose lives have been redeemed by Jesus from years of addiction and abuse.

Excellent reminders for me today that God is indeed BIG and ALIVE and POWERFUL and IN OUR MIDST.

No comments:

Post a Comment