Thursday, February 19, 2009

With Justice for All ch. 4

In this chapter, Perkins shares about God's call on his life and then continues to address God's call on our lives. He speaks about how it's dangerous to go without being sent...but that if we are called, we must go, and in the going we find God with us; we find peace...even in the hard places.

Three years ago, I began to go through a period of restlessness and disorientation. After much time of paying attention, journaling, listening, I knew I was in the middle of some call process that God was taking me through. At the time, I was leading Sunday morning student ministry, but I knew God was up to something within me that was leading me in some other direction. It was a looonnnngggg period of at least 1 1/2 years of angst and discernment. I finally received the clarity that God wanted to keep me at Orchard Hill Church, but my focus would be in community outreach and ministry. I had no idea how it would unfold, but I knew I had to surrender and accept the assignment from God, even though He had not revealed much more than that to me at that particular time. God has been so faithful and good. He's continued to lead me, teach me, equip me, and surround me with amazing people throughout this call, this assignment. Through any times of insecurity or frustration, I can take myself quickly back to the certainty of this call on my life, and it makes it clear to continue on with confidence along this path that I know God has me on.

How have you been able to recognize God's call in your own life?

No comments:

Post a Comment