Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kingdom Service Day 24: Kids in the Kitchen


I greeted and visited with folks last evening at Orchard's Wednesday evening family meal.  At one point, I wandered past the kitchen and saw these hardworking young volunteers busy washing and drying dishes.

Kingdom service within our church walls is so important!  In order to build community and grow up the Body of Christ, many individuals are needed to use their gifts right within the church building every week!

Seeing these young people reminded me of my childhood days in the church where I grew up.  I was active there serving alongside my parents from the time I was in early elementary.  Serving helped me to build a strong foundation for faith.  I felt needed, useful, and valued in church from the time I was very young.  I experienced a good God and a sense of belonging as I served alongside an intergenerational family of His followers who cared for one another and shared together.

Consider how you and your family members might serve within the many ministries and programs within Orchard Hill Church!




No comments:

Post a Comment