Friday, June 4, 2010

space

Westward Ho for some family time and sightseeing. Looking forward to a few weeks away to visit my two brothers and their families in Montana and Oregon.

Looking forward to recreation and internal space. I've had too many words and thoughts and actions crowding me lately and I can feel the need to get empty. Ever recognize when you don't have enough internal space...kind of like you can hear God whispering, but you don't stop long enough or get silent enough to be fully attentive and listening? That's where I'm at, and I don't function well here for long. (hence, the checklist post below...it was time for this soul check)
This morning a friend and I were talking about what books I might take along for the road. I've decided in a bold move to take only my NIV and The Message Bibles and my journal. I need to fast from other books for awhile. My life requires writing to help me listen well to God and my life, and I could sure use some time in the Word only.

Space and play. A healthy prescription for crowded insides.



1 comment:

  1. i hope all of you are having a TOTAL vacation this week, Laura....what amazing states to get away for some peace & un-crowding....

    ReplyDelete