Friday, June 4, 2010

everyday

I just spent this morning writing letters to our children's principal and three past co-workers who are retiring from the elementary school where I used to teach. Two of the teachers also happened to teach our daughter in her years at Hansen. As I wrote, I was profoundly touched by their dedication and passion to not only education, but to children and families. Each of these individuals was motivated and inspired and passionate for 30+ years in what they were doing, and it showed everyday. It just reminded me that our passion and calling and legacy are lived out in our everyday actions and attitudes. I am so grateful for each one of them and the impact they've had on me and our family as they modeled commitment to education, excellence, and children in the everydayness of their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment