Wednesday, February 10, 2010

carts and miracles in Cambodia

In all honestly and humility we here in Battambang are constantly trusting God for money (which is a good place to be), most of our Cambodian staff don't have what they need to live month to month.

I have seen lots of creative talent in many of our staff, being someone who loves art, design, and cool looking things, I've begun to dream up some fund-raising ideas. It involves getting all our artists to create art, design tshirts, take pictures, make bags, book marks, cards...pretty much whatever God has given them a gift to design and we are going to have store. Our buyers mostly being the tourist that have been streaming in to Battambang thanks to brand new roads from Poipet and Siem Reap! No longer do you have to be hard core to get to Battambang, you can take a smooth ride all the way here in 2 hours, it used to take 5 hours and you got sea sick on all the bumps...anyway...

But to rent a store is expensive, so I had a thought one day of having a cart, that's right a push cart for a store. Here in Cambodia people have carts all over the place, you don't have to pay rent on a cart, you don't have to stay in one place, you don't have to have pay for electricity, the suns got us covered.

So I've been going forward with this cart idea, asking God, really is this your idea God, cuz if it's just mine, it's not going to work...please let it be yours, but I felt like I needed to keep going forward checking prices on carts. I went just yesterday and most carts are about 100 dollars. So I thought okay, that's a little pricey, but we could get 100 bucks somehow!

After checking the prices I drove back to our base to have lunch (yum rice) I sat down next to my friend Alissa, she asked me a normal question, "molly what did you do today." I told her, "well I looked at carts to buy." she replied, "really, carts!" I said, "why yes indeed carts." (or something like that)

Alissa continued to tell me that for Christmas a woman from her church emailed and said her small group had taken an offering for our base and wanted to give it to Alissa to give it us as a base. Alissa asked them to pray about how to use the on the base, because we have lots of needs. So this lady got together with her small group and they prayed (they live in in CO, USA) After a few days they emailed Alissa back and said, "we keep getting the word 'cart', could you possibly need a cart?" Alissa said, "well no (remember this was back in December), but we will keep it until God does something with a cart."

As I heard this my eyes got bigger and bigger! This was all great news to me, as I have been asking God, "do you really want me to get a cart!?" So I asked her how much money did they give and she said, "100 dollars!" Exactly how much the carts costs!

Shoot if that isn't God I don't know who it is! God is alive and moving from Cambodia to Colorado and elsewhere. He can speak about anything and he can lead us anyway he wants. If we would only pray and ask him.

I was so encouraged when this happened, I am doing something right!!! God's confirming it through others who love him!!! May you be encouraged as well. God speaks and leads.

So I'm off to buy a cart...

peace. Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment