Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yet again

God has a way of making sure He gets a message through to me. I had written in the last post about Him giving me Isaiah 30:15 this past week. Well, yesterday, I was at a Bible Study that was about joy-stealers (works of flesh, legalism, complication/complexity, reasoning, anger, and jealousy/covetousness). When the speaker got to "reasoning", she asked the question, "Do any of you ever try to figure everything out?" She went on to say that pondering something and being prayerful about it is one thing, but if we've crossed the line and start to feel confused, then we've left pondering and moved into worrying, frustration, and lack of trust.

These were good words for me to add to my Isaiah 30:15 assignment. I do try to figure things out and get frustrated if I can't. I often feel like I'm missing something, and that it is my fault that there's confusion and not clarity. Oh, how I love to play God! Good grief. This is a lesson God has to teach me yet again.

Trusting God. I don't need to figure things out. I need to trust in the one who creates and commands everything in His perfectly destined plan.

1 Corinthians 2:2...."For I have resolved to know nothing except Jesus Christ."

John 15: 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." - Jesus

2 comments:

  1. Laura, Confusion, too, was often a part of my day. Now that I know what that is, I have DECIDED many times this week to turn things over to God. It's like locking the door when the devil comes to steal my joy. It doesn't make it easier that I don't have clarity, it just settles my heart to know I didn't give the devil a foothold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marla. I'll lock the door, too. When I'm confused, I have to remember that it is often a timing issue....the fog often means that some learning from me and preparation from God needs to happen before I break into the clearing.

    ReplyDelete