Friday, January 9, 2009

A note from Molly

Molly is a friend who's been serving with Youth With a Mission (YWAM) in Cambodia. She's currently in Perth, Australia, taking some medical and health classes to further equip her in the field. Today, she sent this to post:

God is in the business of sending. Let me tell you, for 3 years I feel like I've been sent here and there and everywhere! Last week I talked to an eager group of young people in Australia who were about to embark on a trip to the Nation of Cambodia. These young people had been studying a lot about God's character for the last 3 months, as I tried my best to encourage and get them pumped up for the uncomfortable sleeping and strange foods, and the fact that God was sending them, so there MUST be something God wants them to do. Just last night we heard an update from these young people and yesterday they had run in to an elderly man who was blind and could not walk. What can you do for a man who is blind and cannot walk? We usually pray for them! I don't know all the details, but these young people who don't speak the same language as this man, start praying and he is healed! God completely heals him! He can see, he can walk. If God is telling you to go, then go, because he MUST have something for you to do. God wants to use us to heal, to help, and to see his Kingdom expanded in the Nations. That's my God!

2 comments:

  1. God is so big, and yet I underestimate Him all the time. Helper, but not Healer...Thank you for sharing Molly's story, Laura. It's so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is no respector of person's... I believe that if God can do that way over there for one - He can do that here! --- & He has - We just have to keep praying & go where God leads and not underestimate his presence & power!

    ReplyDelete