Saturday, January 17, 2009

words, words, words

I love words. My husband would say I love words exceedingly much. :) I especially love a good written word...I love how some authors can communicate masterfully and how some words help articulate a thought or an experience that we've had trouble describing or making clear.

I am quickly inspired by a good written word, and I keep a whole notebook full of quotes that I cut out or copy from a whole variety of sources. I'll share quotes from time to time just in case you are inspired by them as well. And maybe you'd like to add some of your favorites, too.

Here's a couple that I like from a book called The Present Future by Reggie McNeal.

"The Bible is the story of God's determination to woo human beings with his heart so he can transform them with his love and partner with them in his redemptive mission in the world."

"Evangelism that will introduce Jesus to this culture will flow from people who are deeply in love with Jesus."

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Laura... I feel the same way about the written word.

    Social justice as normal Christianity... something about that continues to hold my attention. I think it's the word, "normal".

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura- you know that I can't read a book without a pen and highlghter in hand. Some favorite words for me from The Present Future are- "Ministry to others keeps our experience with God from becoming merely a consumerist activity. It is the antidote to the self-absorption and self-centeredness that threatens to further privitize our American culture."

    ReplyDelete