Monday, January 26, 2009

Latest with Molly

News from Australia. Molly Hagen is in Perth learning about health care for third world countries. She'll go back to Cambodia after her 6 months of class.


Class! We have started really getting in to Healthcare this week with a lovely teacher who is working in Bali, Indonesia, but she spent one year in Thailand working at an orphanage, so we had lots to talk about. We learned all about weighing babies, checking for malnutrition, nutrition in 3rd world countries, how to get people, especially children to eat the neccessary things. We also did a small bit on wound care, which is good to understand more about burns, cuts, broken bones. As this week's lectures went on, the wheels in my head went spining in a million directions thinking about how this would all work out in Cambodia. Where in the villages and neighborhoods could we get baby weighing stations, how we can educate moms and dads on essential things! After this week I feel I know many key things that will help children be healthy and grow in to healthy adults!

Prayer. As I continue with this training my desire is to get as much information as I can to serve people more in Cambodia. Please pray for God's heart for the poor and the suffering would continue to grow in me. That I would be able to pass on what I've seen to people and get others excited being committed to the nations. I also feel like God is saying this time in Australia is an important time of intamacy with God. I don't have many responsibilities here (which is hard sometimes) But I want to use this time to really love God and know more about him, to be filled with His heart and his power. Thanks for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment