Tuesday, March 24, 2009

what's at your desk?

I have several pieces of paper pinned up in my cubicle that inspire me or are there to remind me of missional principles. One in particular has some notes I took from a phenomenal book called Walking with the Poor by Bryant Myers. That book, more than any other, has helped me better understand a framework for development. As we walk with and serve with friends in under-resourced areas, the book reminds us to:

- Be a good neighbor.
- Be humble before the facts.
- Be patient.
- Love the people not the program.
- Love the churches too.
- Cultivate a repentant heart.
- Act like dependent people.
- Everywhere is holy.
- Every moment and every action is potentially transforming.

What's something at your desk that inspires and motivates you in life?

No comments:

Post a Comment