Wednesday, March 25, 2009

update from Molly in Australia

Here I am in Week #12 of my Primary Health care school. That means less than 1 week until I’m off to the Philippines!

In just 3 short months I have studied various topics relating to water-borne diseases, Malaria, sanitation, how to have a prenatal clinic, HIV/AIDS, and so much more. As we have looked in to many of the leading causes of illness and death in the world, it is hard to not be overwhelmed. But I have found that most of the deadliest things can be prevented, with simple, effective health care.

As I look at my full notebook of notes I think, “how in the world will I remember all this!?” But I feel God is saying this is just the beginning of a great adventure.

Part of that adventure means teaching others what I have learned. Training is imperative to see people and communities live full, healthy lives.

As I look to our Outreach phase of this school, I am blessed to be going to the Philippines for 7 weeks working with a new YWAM base that focuses on community development in slum areas. We will then finish with a month in Vanuatu training a group of health care workers whose teacher had to leave their school. These young people are the ones that will go back to their islands and be some of the most educated people on health care and we get to help train them!

Another part of this adventure is an opportunity to accompany my school leader and registered nurse to Burma directly following the completion of my school. Four of us will go to Burma for 3 weeks to train a group of women about Malaria and other preventable diseases.

This is an amazing opportunity to learn more about training others and to go in to Burma to help people lead healthier lives and share the truth of Jesus Christ in a communist nation. One year ago a huge cyclone hit Burma. When this happened, you might remember that I tried to get a team from Cambodia in to Burma to help with the disaster. Unfortunately, as an American, I was not allowed in. But God’s Word was, “Go to Burma.” I believe that this is a fulfillment of what God told me over a year ago!

As we are only in the planning stages of our trip to Burma, please pray that God would open up the doors wide. Health care is a huge open door to bring in the truth of Jesus Christ and that’s what it is all about, people coming to know Jesus.

Thank you for your prayers! I am continually trusting God to supply the money to get to Burma. But God has provided all the money I needed for this school in Perth and to go on outreach! Thank you for those who are committed supporters of this great work God is doing in the Nations.

So that’s the plan. Have a lovely day full of peace!
Molly

1 comment:

  1. Molly,

    G'day, Mate. Thanks for your updates. I'm so glad you've been learning so much about preventative care and medical assistance. What awesome and important knowledge and skills to take with you into the nations. We think you are oh so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete