Saturday, March 26, 2016

CCD Saturday: The New Normal

In order for God to be about new creation, some of the old creation has to get confronted and challenged. I'm learning through Christian Community Development, that I just have to name uncomfortable feelings as a new normal for myself.  As God works to challenge a lot of my preconceived assumptions about 'the way things are', as I grow more of a lens regarding systemic injustice, and as I sit at the table with people different from me, I find that in order for me to stay honest, open, and willing to keep taking steps forward, I first have to be aware and accept that I will experience an array of thoughts and feelings that I need to sit with and wrestle with..and sometimes just live in the tension with indefinitely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment