Thursday, February 19, 2015

jobs for life testimony

One of Link's initiatives is a Jobs for Life program.  Read Rich's testimony below and learn more about JFL here.


In and out of jails and a 5 time loser (prison), I had not the knowledge of what to say or how to say it, at an interview or online or on an application.  Then I heard about this Jobs for Life (JFL).  I took this class, which is a Christian based program.  I learned so much from this group.  After taking this class, within a couple of weeks, I had a fulltime job. 

Now, some people would say, “Oh, he got lucky.”  This was NOT the case in my situation.

With felonies on my record, only by the grace of God working through these beautiful people, I achieved the job.  Honesty and presenting my Jobs for Life certification helped me so much.

Jobs for Life mentors not only showed me how and what to say and how to handle myself but they also showed me how to love and care about others and how my God loves me and how to give it all to him and to have faith in Him.

These friends go up and beyond the call of Jobs for Life.  They became true brothers and sisters in Christ.  They take time out of their life to take you to the interviews if needed, they’re there if you just need someone to talk to!  It’s been about two years now since I graduated from JFL, and I’m still connected with the JFL family. 
It’s not just about finding a job- it’s also about loving ourselves and others.  A new life than the one we have led.

This fits all people coming from different walks of life- if you don’t have Jesus in your heart, then you’re not happy and if you’re not happy, it shows up through your appearance, and your appearance and attitude are what gets you the job, not so much as the knowledge of the job or your age, but the positive attitude that you present. 

I strongly insist and urge you to try JFL; God is waiting for you!  Try it and see, and remember this: When I got or get to feeling bad about myself, I think of the elderly who can’t work or people in wheelchairs who don’t give up..so why should you?  You have a choice, make that choice today and give them a call.  You can only better yourself!

May God direct you and bless you,

Rich

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Genuine friendships can form as people walk through hard stuff together. I hope Rich's comments will encourage others to seek the support and training offered by JFL.

    ReplyDelete