Saturday, December 1, 2012

looking back #1: gifts

Happy December!  I thought it would be a good month to reflect on lessons I've learned or am in the process of learning as I walk in faith, relationships, leadership, and a calling toward Christian community development.

#1  I often hear the Spirit of God caution me and  impress this upon me:  "Laura, this calling I have for you is not about people receiving your gifts in the community, but this is about you learning to receive people as gifts in the community."

When I humbly walk in this, God seems to do a new thing...he develops authentic community and brings gifts together to create beauty in a "new wineskin kind of way.".  When I fail to walk in this, I hit walls, block the development of authentic community, and serve out of a place of power rather than love.

No comments:

Post a Comment