Saturday, June 4, 2011

journey of reconciliation

Sometimes I begin to realize that God is taking me on a journey in which He wants to show me and teach me about something in a deeper way. He wants to reveal Himself and His vision in new ways. It often has to do with a point of transformation needed in me, and something that God then wants me to be about. This seems to be true for me regarding the journey of reconciliation. Racial reconciliation, yes, but deeper yet, to the very heart of reconciliation in every relationship.

I'm coming to understand reconciliation as the ballgame. Being reconciled to God through Christ and being reconciled to one another. If Jesus is the Great Physician, then reconciliation is the surgery he performs to heal and mend the brokenness and bring the shalom and restoration for which all creation groans.

But what is reconciliation? What does reconciliation mean and not mean? What am I learning? How do I live and work toward reconciliation? What is God's role and my role? What will it cost and require of me?

That's what I want to spend some time blogging on this summer. A book that has been particularly wonderful for my life and this journey is Reconciling All Things by Rice and Katangole. Dr. Barbara Williams-Skinner also has provided rich insights. And let me tell you, there are plenty of opportunities daily that provide the training ground needed on this reconciliation journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment