Thursday, September 2, 2010

off-line learnings

Our home computers have been off-line for a few weeks now. The only time I've been able to interact on-line has been while at my office at church. That time off-line really gave me some free space at home that I would have otherwise used sitting at my computer "doing one more thing" for work or "one more look through facebook", etc. It's amazing how much free space I found myself having; which is just another way of saying, "I had really gotten attached to my computer at home...even without being fully aware of it." Over the past few weeks, my house feels a little cleaner, I've sat on the couch reading next to our kids more, I've practiced my piano lessons more frequently, and our meals have been a little higher quality. Hmmmm.

We're back on-line. I'm wanting to say that my observations over the past few weeks will prompt me to set some solid boundaries for myself at home with the computer. Stay tuned for a full report in a few more weeks.

This fall, as we have transition time into a school year that so often prompts new resolutions, are there any boundaries or practices you've set into your schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment