Friday, September 24, 2010

life within
















The upper left picture is of my son, Nathan, with one of his best buddies, Ben. Nathan was planning to go to Ben's house after school Wed., so I was surprised at 9:30 a.m. Wed. to hear the special ringtone on my phone that Nathan has rigged for incoming calls from Ben. Our conversation went something like this.

"Hi Ben. It's 9:30 a.m., aren't you in school today?"
"Hi Laura. No, at 3:30 in the morning we had to take my mom to the hospital because she was having really bad stomach cramps and abdomen pains."
"Oh, no. Is she okay?"
"Ya. She didn't know she was pregnant, and I had a baby sister!"
Stunned silence. "Beeeeeeen, are you joking with me?"
"No, really! I have a baby sister! I'm so excited!"

It's true. In some miraculous manner, Baby McKinlee grew to 5 pounds 7 ounces inside Amanda over 36 weeks without Amanda being aware she was pregnant. Her monthly cycle stayed the same, she didn't pooch out like most of us mamas do, and she felt no baby movement. Isn't that crazy?! They went to the ER thinking she was having an appendicitis attack, and instead she had a baby right there in the ER! What a beautiful life, a blessing, a miracle!

I've been thinking of this so much over the past few days. In my prayers this morning, as I prayed for their family, God reminded me that I have life dwelling within me. The life of Christ lives within me, and it is my prayer that I live my days aware of this, nurturing and yielding to this life so that His life flows out of me. This, too, is a beautiful life, a blessing, a miracle!

Check out the video below from last night's newscast:

Clip_Summary_Imagehttp://www.kwwl.com/global/video/flash/popupplayer.asp?ClipID1=5139105&h1=A%20Little%20Bundle%20Surprise&vt1=v&at1=News&d1=254233&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=76187991
Play_Now_Button

2 comments:

  1. This is so incredible. I just watched the video... it about made me cry, it is so unbelievable. Amazing, Laura. I am smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, you are such a good news reporter... We heard it first, right here! What a great story & insight you shared about making sure that we are aware of the life inside of us...

    The Lord's grace is on McKinlee and her family

    ReplyDelete