Thursday, September 9, 2010

ccda chicago

I'm here in Chicago at the 20th anniversary of the Christian Community Development Association conference. www.ccda.org The message I hear from ccda rings truest to what I believe God calls us to be when He calls us into His family of faith through Jesus Christ. I have found no better community that preaches the centrality of Jesus, the authority of Scripture, and the mandate that as Christians we are called to passionately be about love, justice, and service among the poor and marginalized as a normal part of our Christian call. As founder John Perkins says, "It's a stewardship issue." How are we stewarding the Gospel with our lives?

Perkins is a modern-day prophet who can speak God's truth and love in a way that I've not heard anyone else. If you haven't read or listened to John Perkins, I'd recommend that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment