Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kenny's Bible

I attended a funeral today for a man named Kenny who died very unexpectedly on Friday of an aneurysm while he was out on the bike trail.

Kenny was an avid walker and biker on the trails, and when he was found, the only identification on him was a small brown New Testament with his name written in it. How right that it is....that our only identity be found in God's Word. In Christ.

Kenny also had a full-size Bible that was on the table surrounded with some of his personal items. I thumbed through his Bible (picture left), and found it highlighted, marked up, with notes scrawled in the margins. I only knew Kenny's sister, and not Kenny himself, but I could tell by the activity in His Bible, that he had been a man actively pursuing Christ. I hope my Bible will tell the same story for my life at my funeral...that I was a person passionately pursuing God through His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment