Saturday, March 27, 2010

classic Saturday

Brother Lawrence (1611-1691) lived 24 years as a lay brother and dishwasher in a Paris monastery. He determined to live his life as an experiment of practicing the presence of God in every waking moment.

"Thus, I resolved to give my all for God's all. After having given myself wholly to God that he might take away my sin, I renounced, for the love of God, everything that was not God, and I began to live as if there was none but God and I in the world....I worshiped him as often as I could, keeping my mind in his holy presence and recalling it back to God as often as I found it had wandered from him."

A suggested exercise this week from Devotional Classics is to experiment with practicing the presence of God this week. Develop the habit of returning to God even in the midst of your daily tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment