Monday, March 22, 2010

judgmental

I had the following phrases written in my journal. I think someone may have summarized them from the book Unchristian, and I liked what they had written, so I put these in my journal. These are really important to keep in front of me...this is a common battle for me.

Perception: Christians are prideful and quick to find fault in others.
New Perception: Christians show grace by finding good in others and seeing their potential to be Christ-followers.

* If our primary fixation is on sin, it is virtually impossible to demonstrate love to the individual.
* Do you see someone as a potential follower of Christ or as an unChristian?
* Respect others. Listen. Don't label. Don't be so smart. Put yourself in their place. Be genuine. Be a friend.
* The opposite of sin is not virtue. It is grace.
* Getting close to others helps to understand them.
* Create a nonjudgmental environment: Extend grace to those who are often stereotyped and judged as well as those who tend to be self-righteous, prideful, and judgmental.

No comments:

Post a Comment