Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Word on Wednesday



Ezra 3:7 “Then they gave money to the masons and carpenters, and gave food and drink and oil to the people of Sidon and Tyre, so that they would bring cedar logs by sea from Lebanon to Joppa, as authorized by Cyrus, King of Persia." 

Collaboration, gifts and passions, partnerships, community organizing!  Rebuilding the temple was a big project and would take big organizing and big resources.  There are big projects that need to happen here in the restoration of our local community.  One of my favorite things to see is the diversity in gifts and passions that God instills in the various individuals making up the community.  And what's even cooler is when I watch God call a leader who inspires, organizes, and mobilizes people to build community and use those gifts, passions, and resources for the glory of God and the work of bringing the Kingdom of God to earth!

Ezra 3:8b “…began to work, appointing Levites twenty years of age and older to supervise the building of the house of the Lord.  Vs. 9..”Jeshua and his sons and brothers and Kdadmiel and his sons and the sons of Henadad and their sons and brothers- all Levites- joined together in supervising those working on the house of God.  

Leadership development; next generations; modeling and teaching!  This passage is such a great example of mentoring, apprenticing, raising up leadership from among the young in our families and community.  I need passages like this one to remind me to slow down, look around, and ask myself, "who am I pouring into, who am I taking with me around town to meetings and appointments?, who am I mentoring in faith and leadership?"  It's often easier and more efficient to do things by myself, but this passage reminds me to sow into the next generation!   

No comments:

Post a Comment