Thursday, March 28, 2013

heading to Haiti


I am heading to Haiti with my dad, my daughter, and 19 other friends on Tuesday to spend a week alongside our ministry partners at UCI (www.unitedchristiansinternational.org).

The map above depicts the growing campus of UCI and clicking here will take you to their most current newsletter.

At this point, I am most excited about the following:
1. Sharing this experience with my daughter, Sara, and my dad, Larry.
2.  Seeing the transforming power and grace of Jesus Christ at work through the Christian community at UCI.  For the past seven years, God has been doing awesome Christian community development through this ministry.  
3.  I am looking forward to "throwing off all that hinders me" in my culture and to experience Christ in a different environment, learning and being challenged by the Haitian friends I am about to meet.  


4 comments:

  1. Laura --- I am excited for you to go on this trip. May you experience the Spirit moving powerfully "outside of the box" of our Western Christian worldview. And then come back & tell me all about it! --- Blessings to you, Sarah & your father

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Judy! We appreciate all of your support and prayers. Looking forward to all the ways God will move on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Succes in cautare si gasire.
    Multumesc !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck in searching and finding.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete