Tuesday, September 25, 2012

get a life. verse

Orchard Hill Church is currently on a "life verse" campaign, encouraging members and friends to consider a Scripture that God is using in their spiritual development in this current season of life.  Each life verse chosen by our staff and board, along with personal sharing, is being emailed out each morning, and these have been so powerful and encouraging to read!

If you'd like to learn more about discerning and choosing your own life verse in this season of your life, click here for more information.

Here's the life verse I chose:


Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!"

God has been directing me to this verse repeatedly over the past three months. He seems to be reminding me lately that the gospel Jesus preached was in fact the kingdom of God, and that Jesus himself came to earth embodying and bringing the kingdom, and making the kingdom kind of life accessible now, on this earth, through his life, death, and resurrection.

The greatest good news for me is to see, experience, live in, and be on mission in the kingdom of God, through Jesus, for an eternity that starts right here, right now. I believe Jesus is reminding me these days that "Laura, the time is now," and he's revealing to me what the needed repenting, or turning, continues to look like for my life, so that I might live more fully in the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment