Monday, December 20, 2010

some Christmas Store volunteer feedback

"I was a cashier and had a blast. It was so heart warming to see the happy faces of parents who found toys their children would love. So many "God bless you's" back and forth. Smiles, Hearing "Merry Christmas" and "you are such a blessing" over and over again made my heart sing. To God be the glory. One man told me he was 72 years old, lived in Waterloo all his life, and had never seen such a wonderful blessing as the Christmas store. I about cried."

"A short conversation I had revealed part of the mission of the Christmas store - a woman told mentioned that she worked very hard to provide for her family and that her children would be able to see that : ) The Christmas Store definitely enables families to provide for their children and/or other family members and I think those shopping appreciate that."

"Today I served as a personal shopper on the floor. I really enjoyed being able to actually interact with the people. It was a neat experience and I think that we really made a difference for these people and their kids this Christmas.

The last lady that I shopped with had four young kids under 7 and one on the way. She had no idea what she really wanted to get for them all because for some reason she thought she could only buy one gift! She was very nice and polite to me and kept thanking me for carrying her things while she looked. She also said how nice it was that I knew where things were so I could help her. When I led her to the check out line she turned and gave me a hug and thanked me and said that I was doing a wonderful thing and my kindness would make her kids have a better Christmas. :)

That was one of the nicest things she could have said! I was reluctant to get out of bed this morning and was really tired. I just wanted to come get this over with and didn't think people would really want my help following them around. I was wrong. I think she made my Christmas season better by opening my eyes to the things that really matter!"



No comments:

Post a Comment