Sunday, May 31, 2009

website

I just finished the book The Hole in our Gospel. If you want to look into the book, you can learn more at www.theholeinourgospel.com.

I'm thinking through ways to bring some of the book's content home with our family. They tend to turn off their ears to me, as I'm often reading books and saying, "You have to read this book!" or I can go on about stories of great need and of our great responsibility. Creative ways of connecting are needed. Most often that looks like experiences and engagement. In the book, Stearn's wife, Renee, had to talk about the need for clean water in the world. To identify even in the smallest way, she went a day without water at their home, and she walked to a lake two miles away to get a bucket of water to carry home. We live near two ponds out here in the country, so I thought this would be a really good idea to teach about the challenges and to pray for those without clean water.

What ideas have been helpful for your families to connect with what so much of the world goes through in their days?

No comments:

Post a Comment