Wednesday, May 25, 2016

praying for Flint

I have the honor of being a part of something called a "leadership cohort" with 23 others through CCDA.  I have met wonderful new friends through this new community, one of them being Robert McCathern, pastor of Joy Tabernacle Temple in Flint, MI.

Robert has a giant faith in Jesus and lives in an expectancy of Christ's presence and power among us.  His life is testimony to this, and there is certainly an anointing from God in his calling and work.

Robert has been working tirelessly over the past months in solidarity with his community to fight for clean water and justice in Flint, MI.  

I made a decision awhile back that when I use my kitchen faucet, I would say a prayer for families in Flint who've been affected by the high levels of lead in water, as well as for the actions needed to hold those who were negligent responsible, and for solutions that will help these families and all families in Flint.  These prayers have expanded to praying for all who lack the kind of clean water I have such easy access to everyday.  

Join me today in thanking God for Robert and others like him who are providing leadership and spiritual encouragement in Flint, MI, and for all who have been physically harmed and adversely impacted through this water crisis.  


This is Robert with President Obama on a recent visit from Obama to tour the city and listen to the people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment