Saturday, June 23, 2012

my new day in youth ministry

This week, I've been pulling out some of my youth ministry materials from days past when I served as a youth director, blowing the dust off the binders, and planning ahead for next week's LinK Summer Camp!

I'm finding that as I put on my youth ministry hat again these days as a part of Link Christian Development, I have new eyes and a different approach than I did in the past.  Next week's Link Summer Camp highlights some of my changing philosophy:

*Link Summer Camp will have 10 students and 7 adults participating together in the four days of this local camp.   There's a greater chance for connections, impact, and development when there is a strong ratio of adults to youth.  

*Link Summer Camp will link people across gender, age, income, racial, and community divides.  Jesus is a reconciler and restorer.  If we are to learn from him and do what he does, then we will intentionally plan and work with our youth toward reconciliation and restoration at the point of divides in our community.  This is possible in Jesus!

*Link Summer Camp will proclaim the Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ.  I got Dallas Willard off the shelf a few weeks back and began re-reading The Divine Conspiracy-  beautiful, compelling writing that reminds us that the life, death, and resurrection of Christ grants us access and invitation into Kingdom life now, here on earth.  I commit to proclaim and live life as a Kingdom bearer and a Kingdom bringer in and with Christ.  I desire to better help our young people understand what the good news of the Kingdom invitation is and to call them to a life committed to discipleship. 

That's enough for now...looking forward to sharing more with you next week at Camp!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog award. Visit my blog at houseonbutcherharbor.blogspot.com to see what to do next. Have a great day! :D Please wait until tomorrow to give me time to put this up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete