Sunday, June 10, 2012

neighboring

We have a new neighbor named Lance.  He's fresh out of college, a new hire at John Deere, he's from Michigan, and I have a feeling he's going to challenge me in neighboring.  Lance just moved in to the apartment we have on our acreage on Saturday.  He'd been to our area during an internship with Deere, and now he's going to call the Cedar Valley home with his new job.  Lance had dinner with us last night, and this morning, he came with us to church.  On the drive home out to the country, I was sharing various bits of information with him about living out where we live.  As we passed two houses about .5 miles away from our house on our gravel road, I simply said, "We don't really know these two sets of neighbors."  Lance's response?  "Well, I was on my way out to your place a few weeks back when I was checking out the apartment.  I saw the couple that lives here, Kermit and Carol, outside, and I stopped, introduced myself, and ended up riding in the tractor with Kermit for a couple of hours while he was planting in the fields."

Yep, we've lived here 10 years and have never stopped .5 miles away to sit down with Kermit or Carol for two hours.   Lance, God's going to stretch me with you, I can already tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment