Thursday, April 7, 2011

day four immersion

Spent the morning yesterday listening to Wayne Gordon talk about "Church-based Community Development" and "Indigenous Leadership," and Bob Lupton spoke in the afternoon on "Empowerment". I've listened to both of them multiple times in person and on CD, but I never tire of their leadership. I consider both mentors of mine on this walk of faith and justice. A couple of books they've both written that I would encourage you to read are:

Real Hope in Chicago and Who is My Neighbor? by Wayne Gordon
Compassion, Justice, and the Compassionate Life and For Theirs is the Kingdom by Robert Lupton

Actually had an evening free last night. I took the train to Macy's to buy Frango chocolates for our children. Frangos are a favorite and a special treat since we don't have a Macy's in Iowa.





No comments:

Post a Comment