Monday, April 5, 2010

visiting orphans

Well, my friend Laurie is off Wednesday morning for her trip to Uganda and Ethiopia to visit orphanges. Laurie and her husband, Kent, are currently in the process of adopting a child from Ethiopia. Meanwhile, in her research, she got connected to a mission organization that takes small groups on a two week trip of visiting orphanages in Uganda and Ethiopia. You can read a little of Laurie's story at her blog www.theheartoflaw.blogspot.com

She's left me with a trip itinerary, so I will try to post her daily schedule beginning Friday. I am guessing that God will use this trip as one of those "defining moments" of Laurie's life, and I am praying that her trip will create God ripples into the lives of her family, friends, and church after her return.

No comments:

Post a Comment