Sunday, August 12, 2018

books help





Books help

I am a reader.  Books inspire me, challenge me, instruct me, and they often offer language that helps me identify, clarify, and process emotions, questions, experiences that I’ve not fully understood or processed.  In the midst of much grief in 2018, God has faithfully provided gifts and graces daily; books included.  Alongside Scripture, here’s a reading list that has helped me in this season of divorce:


The Furious Longing of God  Brennan Manning
Option B  Sheryl Sandberg
Braving the Wilderness  Brene Brown
Married but Not Engaged Paul and Sandy Coughlin
The Disconnected Man Jim Turner
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Pete Scazzero (emotionally healthy podcasts, too)
Rising Strong  Brene Brown
A Grace Disguised by Jerry Sittser


No comments:

Post a Comment