Friday, November 29, 2013

prompting the questions

Our friend, Dan, who is helping lead the way in the 33:5 house renovation, called me two days ago to share a few stories.  Apparently, his plumbers are perplexed by our investment of time and money into a house that sits in "not such a nice neighborhood".  They're asking Dan about his beliefs; they're trying to wrap their brains around the "why", and now they're working on language to explain it all back to Dan.

Dan and I were delighting in the conversations and questions that are being prompted among his work team. I told him that it reminds me of this quote:

If the people do not ask questions to which the gospel is the answer, we can no longer just say, “Their hearts were hardened,” and walk away feeling good that we have witnessed to the gospel.  Instead, we need to get down on our knees and ask God why our life and our work are so unremarkable that they never result in a question relating to what we believe and whom we worship.”

Bryant Myers, Walking with the Poor


1 comment:

  1. That quote makes me ponder, and rejoice that sometimes I have had to answer questions too.
    Reminds me of the passage:
    "The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God."

    ReplyDelete