Tuesday, February 26, 2013

on age and living on mission

Corrie Ten Boom was in her 50's when she wrote The Hiding Place,  and she preached Christ's message of forgiveness to audiences until she died at age 91.

Laura Ingalls Wilder penned the first book of the "Little House" series when she was 65 years old.

Colonel Sanders started Kentucky Fried Chicken when he was in his 60's.

Ronald Reagan was first elected into a political office when he was 55 years old.

In Joshua 14:10-11, Caleb states, "...So here I am today, 85 years old!  I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out (45 years earlier); I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then."

I heard these descriptions in a Bible Study this morning.  These individuals inspire me!  On this discipleship journey with Christ, I'm just now starting to catch on!  At 47, I feel I am only just beginning to live more fully surrendered and into the calling God has for me. I sure do prefer to look at the examples listed above than the cultural examples of twin recliners and gated retirement villages!  These people stepped into their prime and were most fruitful AFTER age 50.  Woo-hoo!  God willing, you and I will do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment