Tuesday, April 17, 2012

God is good through Love Cedar Valley

Love Cedar Valley 2012 is this Saturday!  God has already blessed me through some moments in the planning process.

On Saturday, I hopped in a car with others and prayed for an hour as we drove around and through the Cedar Valley.  That time of praise and prayer is so uplifting to me...it connects my heart with God's and my Cedar Valley neighbors.  It reminds me that the best thing we can do is prepare the ground through prayer and in faith, ask for a movement of God in our city.

I also talked with a friend yesterday who said that Love Cedar Valley is her 2nd favorite "holiday" of the year...right next to Valentine's Day.  :)  In light of her love for love, she appliqued hearts and Love all over my daughter's jeans for the day.  They are very cool!  Wish I had the guts to wear something that bling, but I think she's putting one small patch down under the knee for me on a pair of jeans.  She knows me!

It's not too late to consider an act of kindness or service this Saturday!  Consider a neighbor, friend, or co-worker, and bless them with a gesture of Jesus's loving kindness this Saturday.

Then, come and worship at Five Sullivan Brothers!  I'm so excited for the opening send-off worship (11:30-Noon) and the closing celebration (1:45-2:30)  The band has like 9 churches represented.  And we have people from several different churches offering prayers and a message of hope and challenge for Christ's Church.

Check out www.lovecedarvalley.com for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment