Monday, March 12, 2012

what does it take to leave your comfort zone?


Let a couple of six year olds show and tell you what it takes to leave your comfort zone and spiritually grow.  In learning to ride her bike, Sara had  to leave the comfort zone of our house.  She had to leave behind the familiarity of her feet on the ground to get on a bike.  She had to the leave the comfort of practicing in the soft grass and stretch herself to the pavement.  She then so clearly tells you what ingredients are necessary for such stretching and growing:

1.  Trust your Dad.
2.  Practice.
3.  Be brave.

What did her brother show throughout?  That encouragement is also a key ingredient to growth.

4 comments:

  1. That is quite possibly the sweetest, most touching video I've ever seen. "Trust your dad", ""Be brave" "Today was the day" "Totally awesome"
    "Keep trying. Go around the pine cones" Their little voices and earnestness had me mesmerized. "It's like I learned today, 'cause I DID!"

    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It likely is the best video on the planet. Thanks for watching it. I carry words and images from this video with me as I consider what it takes to stretch and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Laura. This is one of the best things I have watched in a long time. I love love love your children. Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously. i got kinda teary, this is the BEST video. BEST. what a great memory to have forever. i love their little arms touching each other, hugging each other. love it.

      Delete