Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas in Walnut volunteer quotes


Here are a few quotes from volunteer feedback from Saturday's Christmas in Walnut:


"I can't tell you the last time I felt so filled full as I did Saturday."

"We celebrated the smiles all around."

"I met people in the community and our own church that I had never met."

"Seeing everyone coming together by providing gifts and service to those in need in a venue that is challenging a long standing tradition of charity that keeps a division between our communities. No matter the degree to which you can provide, having an investment and choice in providing for your own is a major part of an individual's own sense of value."

"I feel like I am a part of something that reflects Christ's love for all people."

"Many kids had a great time doing the crafts, and several even made their crafts and then wrapped them right away to give to others for Christmas."

"Watching lots of people, all very different, yet the same....interacting and enjoying time together...the way it is supposed to be!"

"Parents and children were able to shop and make crafts with dignity. I didn't feel a division between us and them..we were doing it together."

"I celebrate that Orchard is working, not just for, but alongside the Walnut neighborhood to help make Christmas brighter for the community. It's not about the gifts, it's about the relationships."

You can still make a comment! Comment below on this post, or fill out the Christmas in Walnut survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment