Monday, October 3, 2011

retreating

















Some of the most meaningful experiences of my life have been found in days carved out to meet with God in solitude and silence. I recently returned from 2 1/2 days at a cabin on a lake- one of my favorite places to seek God. I focused on Scriptures, reading, and prayer that had to do with trusting God, as I needed to be strengthened in faith deep within my mind, spirit, and bones.

Romans 4:20 Yet he (Abraham) did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

Ephesians 6:16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

Psalm 31:14-15 But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, "You are my God. My times are in your hands.."




No comments:

Post a Comment