Sunday, August 22, 2010

nehemiah 6

If you dig in the summer archives, you'll notice that I've posted a few thoughts on my reading through the book of Nehemiah. I'm not exactly strategic about when I throw another Nehemiah thought out onto the blog, but I thought today might be as good as any for a Nehemiah 6 thought.

Nehemiah faced opposition all the way through his call. He was intimidated by his enemies as they tried to lure him and steer him off track. I love how he persevered. I love his courage. I love his focus on God for the task he was called to.

It's quite evident if you read Nehemiah 6, that prayer is of the highest value for Nehemiah, for it's in conversation with God...both speaking and listening....that Nehemiah received discernment and direction, strength, confidence, and stick-to-it-ness to go forward.

What is threatening to take you down today? I hope that prayer will be your first turn and my first turn and that God will faithfully provide for us what is needed to move forward with His heart and in His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment