Saturday, July 25, 2009

Crazy Enough to Care

Alvin Bibbs Sr. works in Chicago for Willow Creek Association and is going to be coming to our church in the fall to lead a CCDA institute regarding suburban-urban partnerships. I listened to Alvin in St. Louis a few years' back, and we're in the perfect place on our journey to have him come and speak into the life of our congregation and community.

Bibbs wrote a book recently called Crazy Enough to Care and it is actually a 12 session workbook that I am really loving. I've only completed 3 sessions, but I love the scenarios and questions that help a person or small group process and reflect on compassion, justice, and racial reconciliation. I think it's going to be an excellent tool to help us on our journey toward being more compassionate and Christlike! Check it out on Amazon. com.

1 comment:

  1. I am really excited to see how this resource will fit into our small groups, Laura! Having Mr. Bibbs here to speak to us will be a great opportunity, too. Keep me in the loop if there is something I can do to help your team prepare!
    Stephanie B

    ReplyDelete