Friday, July 30, 2010

the Church is not a building
















This week, my daughter and I were in Grimes, IA, to visit my mom-in-law for her birthday. We went to a quaint little business in Grimes called the Gortz House. It is a gift shop and restaurant, coffee and flower shop, and they specialize as consultants in wedding planning and home interior decorating. The Gortz House is a unique and beautiful little place, and what's more, it is located inside an old church building right there on the main drag. As I walked through what used to be the sanctuary and the church offices, I was reminded very tangibly that the Church is not a what but a who. Not a place but a people. This building's purpose has changed throughout the years, but as the people of God in Christ, may our purpose never change from that of living to glorify God and be about His will and work on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment