Friday, January 9, 2009

We need each other

First of all, I've been debating whether to go for this blog or not. It's a commitment, you know? Time and thought. But, I decided I think it's important enough to continue along. That is, if you recognize that I won't probably post every single day, and if some of you will also be willing to share comments and learnings along your missional journey as well. And I'd love it if some of you would author some posts. Let me know and I'll get a post up for you or sign you on as a co-author.

That said, I went to hear Karen and John Zilen speak last night. They are missionaries who live in Carlisle, England, and their calling is to help provide counseling and spiritual direction for other missionaries throughout the world. They might travel to encourage an isolated woman ministering in a Muslim country. Or host a retreat to help people take a look at their family of origin and their understanding of God the Father. Or work with multi-cultural ministry teams to help them better communicate. The evening reminded me of how much we need each other! Regardless of where we're serving in the Body of Christ, we, missionaries all, can be inspired to encourage and edify our brothers and sisters in Christ. They shared this verse I'll sign off with:

"Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints." Philemon 1:7

1 comment:

  1. What a great mission that is, really... to "refresh the hearts of the saints". I love that. I'm so glad you kicked up this blog, Laura. Thank you, and may God bless the Zilen's, the work they do and the heart they have for others.

    Maribeth

    ReplyDelete